Late last night I had one of those ah-ha moments. I’m sure it’s been apparent in the blog that I’m on a tea frenzy! My wonderful, new, birthday teapot drips tea when poured. Typical teapot. 😎 I had my earbuds in, saw the i-cord yarn covering them and thought “Ah-Ha” I need to make a tea spout do-dad to catch the drip. I’m sure I had Weekend Knitter’s comment about making a tea cozy in the back of my mind lurking. Had a pair of US 4 circular needles by me and the left over yarn from the earbuds within reach. I just a minutes I had made the do-dad. It works really well! 😎
This is the pattern:
Susan’s Tea Spout Do-Dad
Sport weight yarn – you don’t need much, this is perfect for scrap yarn. I used wool, but cotton would work just as well.
Large needle to sew up side
Cast on 14 stitches
Row 1: Knit
Row 2: Purl
Row 3: Knit
Row 4: Alternate knit – purl across row
Row 5: Alternate purl-knit across row
Row 6: Knit
Row 7: Purl
Row 8: Knit
Cast off leaving a long enough tail to sew up side.
This is a small one-cup teapot. While I was at it, I made one for a my larger teapot. I cast on 14 stitches and knitted 2 more rows of seed stitch (rows 4 & 5). I purposely used the stockinette stitch at the beginning and end so it would roll. I figured this would make a larger area for catching drips! 😎 As you can see I tried it out this morning. 😎 Raging success! 😎