A special thanks to a new blogger friend Opal for this award. She’s writes the Celebrate Life blog. It’s a very eclectic site which is what we like so much! You never know what she’ll blog about. So creative with a wide variety of interests. And to seal the matter, she has a nine year old daughter and we both have 9 year old granddaughters. A kindred spirit. We’d like to nominate her for the Sunshine Blogger Award since she really brightens our day!
To save time from looking up the rules. Here they are, copied from Opal’s site:
According to the DragonLady, there’s some rules that go along with this award, and so I’ve copied/pasted them from her site.
- Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post. Done
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. Done
- Tell 7 things about yourself. Done
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.
We’ve shared at least 21 things by now, see our other award postings, so this might not be 7 things. 😎
- Q had our dad’s DNA done before he passed away. Biggest shock of our lives! According to the almost perfect match, our maiden surname should be Gilbert not the one we were raised with. Genetically we do not match the surname we were raised using. As genealogist, we’ve been trying to figure out how and when this occurred. We think we’ve narrowed it down to around 1800 in Shelby Co., KY. It is the only place where both Gilberts and the other surname lived close to each other. These are some scenarios: 1. Someone’s daughter had a baby out of wedlock and the parents raised it, 2. Someone’s wife “messed around”, 3. The Gilbert parents died leaving a baby and it was taken in by the other family. This wasn’t an uncommon occurrence. Please feel free to share any ideas! This sure has made dad’s line more interesting!
- Barb’s husband is our 13 times removed cousin!
- With the first cousin grandparents (Norwegian lines) and a mom and daughter marrying a father and son (Dad’s line) we figure we must be our own grandma’s! 😎 How can one not love genealogy? 😎
And the nominees are:
- Bethany Beach Designs – another site which bounces all around. Love it! Glad she found us so we could find her. 😎
- Pillows-A-La-Mode – wonderful craft tutorials! Really visit this site. We have to make some mini-composition books now. LOVE the Scrabble Tile Pillows she just made.
We’ve decided to just add names as we come across new friends. So, this page will be updated until we have seven. 😎