~ So Curls (sister Barb) and I (Q) have been testing the dye bath! We started with Jacquard Acid Dyes. Did a bit of solar dying. Awesome results. The yarn is Bare by KnitPicks. Here is Barb’s lace weight done in harvest colors:
Here is my lace weight:
Sister Barb used her knitting machine to make a sock blanket out of the wool before I dyed it. How cool is that. Now I can sew identical socks! I decided not to do socks and we are going to knit shawl patterns from 7 Small Shawls to Knit which was purchased from Rosemary (Romi) Hill on Ravelry. I’ve chosen Asterope and Barb has chosen Maia. However, we can’t start the shawls until we finish some of our other projects! We’ve promised ourselves that this is the year to actually finish some of our wips which have been sitting for, let’s just say, awhile.
Yesterday was a foray into Kool-aid dyeing. Following the instructions at theBlueBrick we gave it a try. Had to change timings in order to get better gradients. We want to try a yellow to orange gradient next. This are our result: